Monday, September 01, 2003

The 19’s Syndrome

The 19’s Syndrome

Last few months of my teenage years,
How have I spent it? what have I done?
Was it boring or was it fun?
The blood that pumped in me at 13,
reduced it's pressure when I realized that,
being a teenager really does suck.

Adventures, conventions and trying out stuff,
Love, Lust, Sex, Vodka and Puff,
Sneaking round places to do what the world shouldn’t see
Brought out the woman and the heroine,
In the lil girl people knew and wanted me to be.

Bulimia and Anorexia, went through that,
Making up, breaking up, living up, done that.
The bad, the good, the ugly and the shameful, faced em.
There’s nothing more I can expect, coz there’s nothing more left.

The punks, the drunks the dudes and the hunks,
I was daring enough to mess around without arousing their funk,
Never chilling, ever fizzing, kicking back and having fun,
There were a few times I’ve sworn "SON OF A GUN"

7 darn years of ups and downs, following my neck,
Been to the depths of hell and back,
But, I've survived it all and that’s a fact,
I've been there, done that, in the phase,
When lil girls are known to be as wild as cats.

The sluts, the nerds and the women of the wild,
One time or another have been my guide,
I take the opportunity to thank em all,
For helping me to stand up straight and tall.

I’ve done what I want to do and been what I want to be,
Heard what I shouldn’t hear and seen what I shouldn’t see,
Done what I shouldn’t do and spoken what I shouldn’t speak,
Guess I’m ready to say good bye, to the sweet sorrows of my teenage life,
Without regret, I’d gladly accept the 20 something coming by.

(Gobblezygook)

No comments: